External partners who are not existing Optable enterprise customers
They are a new approach to the data clean room ecosystem which enables existing Optable customers to offer a solution to their own customers without the barriers of requiring contracts or an integration with Optable. The use of data clean rooms is often associated with the fact that the level of friction is very high but this new feature is directly aimed at drastically reducing that friction in order to increase collaboration.
Flash Partner Invitation Landing Page
Flash nodes are a lightweight version of our Enterprise Nodes which will have certain limitations such as only being able to collaborate with the invited enterprise partner. They are also a simple, quick, and self-serve option for existing Optable customers to invite non-Optable customers to collaborate securely and privately over data for a campaign or proof-of-concept, and this will be at no cost for the invited partner.
- Can only perform analyses and matches with the Optable enterprise customer that invited them as a flash partner initially.
- Cannot partner with with any other DCNs than the enterprise partner who initially invited to collaborate.
- Can be disconnected from their Enterprise node partner.
The Snowflake partner option allows you to invite partners that have an existing Snowflake account to perform match clean room operations directly from Snowflake, without requiring them to move their data out of their Snowflake account. Partners can match with multiple ID types, while Optable automates the Snowflake data clean room configuration and streamlines matched audience activation for media owners.
Connecting via Snowflake requires your partners to run an installation script which will be automatically sent to them via email. This script will enable them to initiate secure matches with your DCN data, leveraging Snowflake's data clean room mechanisms.
Partners access a simple Snowflake-native procedural API, enabling double-blind matching with your data, while hiding the complexity associated with setting up and orchestrating SF data clean rooms:
partner_connect(org VARCHAR, partnership_slug VARCHAR, dcn_account_locator_id VARCHAR)
match_create(partnership_slug VARCHAR, match_name VARCHAR)
match_run(partnership_slug VARCHAR, match_id VARCHAR, table_or_view_name VARCHAR)
match_get_results(partnership_slug VARCHAR, match_id VARCHAR)
optable_partnership.public.grant_permission(partnership_slug VARCHAR, database_name VARCHAR, schema_name VARCHAR)
If you would like to perform an analysis or a match with partners that are not Optable Enterprise customers, you will first need to invite them to connect to your node using the flash partner option.
Step 1: Go to Partnerships -> Invite Partner
Step 2: Select "Flash Partner" and enter their name & email
When your partner receives the invitation, they will have to click Connect with partner button in the email and then they will be presented with up to three options to connect with your DCN.
Step 1: The invitation email
Step 2: Choosing how to connect
- 1.The first option is to connect directly via flash node. To do so, they will need to click Getting Started button and they will be redirected to create an account which will be associated to your DCN. Once their account is created and linked to your DCN, they can then upload data, create audiences and initiate match requests with you.
- 2.The second option is to connect to your Snowflake account which was previously linked to your DCN via Snowflake. By clicking the Getting Started button, they will be redirected to provide their Snowflake Locator ID which has to be located in the same Snowflake region as the inviting partner. Finally, they will receive an email with a list of steps to run an installation script within their Snowflake account.
- 3.The third option is to connect to your DCN via the Optable Match CLI, a command line interface utility designed to enable a partner to execute a directional secure ID match with your company's DCN. Once the partner successfully runs the
partner connecthandshake command with your provided invite code, you will see the partner name listed under Connected Partners in your DCN UI, and you will be able to start receiving matches.