Comment on page
Loading data from your Google BigQuery account.
The BigQuery source facilitates seamless sharing of tables or views from your existing data warehouse with your DCN. It allows for efficient mapping of data elements such as identifiers, associated identifiers, and traits using the tabular data schema.
By directly linking your BigQuery instance with your DCN, you simplify the data integration process, eliminating the need for data replication and complex data migrations or transformations.
If your table or view references a file found in a Google Cloud Storage bucket, you must also grant your DCN the
Storage Object Viewerrole on the Google Cloud Storage bucket as permissions are not inherited.
- 1.Open the source creation form in your DCN and copy your DCN service account from the form.
- 2.In BigQuery, navigate to the dataset, or table/view where you want to grant access to your DCN service account.
- 3.Click on the "Share" button in the top right corner of the screen.
- 4.In the "Add Principal" field, paste the DCN service account that you copied earlier.
- 5.Grant your DCNs service account the "BigQuery Data Viewer" role.
- 6.Click on the "Save" button to save the changes and grant read-only BigQuery access to your DCN service account.
- 7.Return to the source creation form and enter the project, dataset and table IDs and set the ingestion frequency.
- 8.Click "Create"
Example of the BigQuery Source Creation Form
With these steps completed, your DCN service account should now have access to the BigQuery project, dataset, or view that you granted access to. This will allow you to use the data in your view or table as a data source in your DCN.
Last modified 5mo ago